Sunday, June 1, 2008

Landscaping

Finally our backyard is starting to look like a backyard. When we moved in, it was full of very tall weeds and iris plants. Matt took a pickup load to the dump of just plants. They had not been taken care of and were very over grown. Once he had the back yard empty of greens it was time to dig out all the rock around the yard. The family that was here before us put rock in every place possible. He had many ideas on how to do it but finally put his Jeep to work. I was no help this summer with a baby on the way, so he has done this ALL by himself! He then had some edging put in, and we moved a few plants around plus my Mom and Wayne gave us a few! Thanks to them we got one area of the fence covered with plants and mulch. We also picked up some lilac bushes from the greenhouse. The sprinklers will be next and then on to some grass, I know Hoss will be very happy to have some grass and a dog door!


June 2007 - The Start

Using the Jeep as a landscape tool!

All clear! No more plants!

Planting lilacs.



Here's how it looks today!









Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Beth said...

Looks good, guys. I love the border. If Steph lived closer she'd love to guide you and she's very good at it. And I bet she wouldn't even charge ya!!